“What foundational values need to be in place for an ethical utilitronium shockwave?”
What foundational values need to be in place for an ethical utilitronium shockwave?
- (following on from a previous video) more on Nozick’s experience machines (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxBvNbuYud0).
- given that in each age there has been different conceptions of utopia, what would utopia be for a post-human superintelligence?
- classical utilitarian vs negative utilitarian approaches to the long term good of life in the universe.
- whether a perfect decision theory would be equal to negative utilitarianism.
- how much attention should we give to preferences in improving well-being beyond eliminating suffering?
- if one does believe in the objectivity of value should we be concerned about being damned in a local maximum of well-being?
- what is God’s utility function?
https://youtu.be/0uKNVVVdqrI #ethics #utilitarianism #futurology
Filmed inside the Melbourne Museum in Victoria, Australia.
David Pearce is interested in the use of biotechnology to abolish suffering throughout the living world: http://abolitionist.com
Many thanks for watching!
Consider supporting SciFuture by:
a) Subscribing to the SciFuture YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=TheRationalFuture b) Donating
- Bitcoin: 1BxusYmpynJsH4i8681aBuw9ZTxbKoUi22
- Etherium: 0xd46a6e88c4fe179d04464caf42626d0c9cab1c6b
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/scifuture c) Sharing the media SciFuture creates: http://scifuture.org
- Science, Technology & the Future.